Quick update (I'm going to write our a full update and post shortly). I spent the last few days in meetings. A few key points:
Our walkie talkie module is going through one last iteration. It will be in our hands by the 5th of July and we begin the preliminary certification process the following monday. The walkie talkie antenna was available for testing, I'm happy with the final product.
We had a long meeting with PVI about the screen, they were trying to talk us out of using the flexible version and adapting our design for their standard screen, let's just say I personally broke a few screens this week showing why I did not want that.
My team updated me with some API's to control most of the internal radios. Although the walkie talkie api is still a work in progress. The team is currently upgrading the kernel to Android 4.4 KitKat and I was told it should be less than two weeks until it is ready.
I'll be giving a run down of the possible production schedule as well. I'm not happy with it, but I've had a better understanding than all of you, so I know a lot of people won't be happy either.... My team is pushing hard to get things done ASAP, and I take full responsibility for their progress.
For those that have emailed us this week. I am getting back to them tonight and tomorrow!